An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced PA to work for The Chairman of a well established chain of home furnishings stores, primarily based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will be assisting the Chairman so the role requires a meticulous and well-organised person.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Secretarial or personal assistant experience
- Excellent time-management
- A strong personality
- Type speed of at least 50 words per minute
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting the chairman in his role
- Managing the chairman's diary, arranging all appointments and meetings
- Attending all meetings with the chairman. These will mainly be purchasing meetings
- Taking minutes during meetings whilst making any additional notes including delivery dates, times and locations, rejected products and cost prices
- Relaying details discussed during meeting to the company administrators so the database and all spreadsheets are kept up date and accurate
- Preparing reports about buying and buying trends ready for quarterly board meetings
- Managing and updating the system for all furniture imports and liaising with stores about future orders
- Gathering images from suppliers to update the product catalogues
Working Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm the successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and shift times and patterns. The job will involve time away from the office to attend meetings so flexibility is a must.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.