A driven, hands-on and motivational leader who is well used to working within logistics and distribution sector is sought within this well established business.
You will manage the day to day Exeter site operations of this busy global distributor, who operates very much within the Engineering sector.
You will offer a proven track record in managing warehousing and distribution operations, delivering excellent levels of service to global clients.
- To manage and co-ordinate all activity within the Exeter facility, ensuring that it achieves all operational, cost, service, people management and compliance (security, risk and Health & Safety) objectives effectively, on time and within budget.
- You will engage with and motivate your team, to achieve continuous productivity and housekeeping improvements linked to established bonus schemes and implement a true " Lean" culture.
- Strong people and logical management skills within a fast moving distribution business.
- This would ideally be an engineering environment, but candidates from any FMCG industry will be considered.
- It is essential that you also have superb reporting skills, including the ability to present technical data via the proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- You will be both motivated and naturally able to motivate others in order to achieve excellent results.
This opportunity may present excellent prospects for eventual advancement for the right candidate so drive and ambition would be attractive attributes.
- Company Pension,
- On site parking available.
Working Hours: Predominantly 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Fri, however, as the site operates 6-2, an over lapping day and 2-10 shifts, a flexible attitude to time management across 3 shifts will be required.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.