Position: Operations Manager
Salary: £22.18 per hour
My client is looking for an Operations Manager to work on a temporary ongoing basis, within a busy Child Services environment .
The role is to start ASAP, so being immediately available would be desirable and enhanced DBS is required for the role, or candidate must be willing to undertake one.
- To operationally manage a range of specified services as one integrated team in Blackpool to support vulnerable young people aged 10-25 years
- To manage the practice and delivery of a defined team from multi agency services and disciplines to include social work and safeguarding functions, youth offending services, Connexions responsibilities, specialist and support services by directing and supporting and advising a team of staff as directed by service manager
- To oversee the maintenance of standards and drive continuous improvement of professional standards and practice within your team
- To support and contribute to relevant aspects of Divisional, Directorate and Corporate initiatives and issues, and to maintain awareness of the team manager role within the broader council agenda
- To provide outcomes and performance data to evidence delivery against contracts and commissions in relation to specialist services, public health outcomes, sexual health and substance misuse
- To work with schools, pupils, parents and wider partners to secure good school attendance which supports learning and achievement for all children and young people reaching out in creative ways to families who may be difficult to engage or service resistant
- To work with schools, pupils, parents and wider partners to ensure that children and young people experience a coherent and impartial programme of careers information, advice and guidance which supports their successful transition to education, employment or training
- To ensure that vulnerable young people are routinely monitored and their needs prioritised where these are evident
- To implement measures which embed robust individual assessment and the setting of personalised learning/development goals
- To carry out the objectives of the Youth Justice Plan for Blackpool, which is revised annually, and tasks detailed in the contract of employment with Blackpool Council
- Case management and allocation
- Risk Management
If you are interested in this position, please contact Wayne at Meridian on 0161 830 8870 or reply to this advert
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.