Are you experienced leading and managing a warehouse and logistics function? Are you looking for an exciting new role to make your own within a dynamic, growing and successful company?
We are currently recruiting for an exciting Operations & Distribution Manager at an international distributor and wholesaler in Croydon. You will be responsible for providing a strategic lead for the warehouse and logistics function, working closely to improve warehouse operational effectiveness and efficiency. You will also be responsible for site management.
Responsibilities as an Operations & Distribution Manager:
- Overall responsibility and accountability for warehouse and logistics - ensuring high levels of service, ensuring a positive working culture, driving team engagement and performance, delivering against budgets and KPIs, and strategic direction
- Responsible for facilities, health and safety, site maintenance and security
- Negotiating cost effective logistics and freight rates. and higher service levels including managing SOPs with all freight forwarders
- Manage Stock & Cargo insurance policy, including risk management and managing cases and claims
- Budget management for warehouse and facilities
- Advise the Warehouse Manager on operational issues to ensure staff engagement and development
- Develop and implement initiatives to ensure operations are expanded
- Empower and motivate the warehouse management team
Requirements of an Operations & Distribution Manager:
- Experience leading a warehouse and logistics function - strategy and operations
- Experience managing other managers and the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Experience working with WMS/inventory management systems
- Knowledge of Health & Safety measures within a warehouse environment
- Budget management experience
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.