Our client in North West London is looking for a level 3 Nursery Nurse:-
- To adhere to the policies, procedures and quality standards set out by the Childcare Management Team
- To act as a key worker for a designated group of children as required
- To assess the development of children in the nursery and maintain records of development
- To communicate with parents about the development and well-being of their child
- To encourage the social, emotional, physical and educational development of children in the nursery
- To carry out routine activities necessary for the safe and efficient running of the nursery
- To work as a member of a team
- To take part in fund raising activities if required
- To attend staff meetings as required out of usual working hours
- To work shifts as appropriate
- To adhere to Children Act 1989, Health and Safety and Government requirements
- To adhere and deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework (EYFS) relevant to full day-care settings
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required
You will maintain strong relationships with,
- Nursery manager/Deputy Manager/Room Leader
- All staff employed for the day care provision
- Parents and families
- Staff from a wide range of other agencies and settings including the Social Services, Primary Care Trust, NHS Trust, and a range of voluntary /private sector organisations and Day Care providers.
You will have:-
- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Day Care for young children
- Knowledge and practical understanding of child development and parenting
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to day care for young children and the inspections process for approval of day care settings
- Knowledge and ability to create and implement policies and procedures consistent with legislation, regulations and local requirements
- Warm and caring personality - friendly and approachable to families
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Commitment to the principle that families 'know best' about their own needs
- Commitment to equal opportunities for all children and families Other Duties The post holder must carry out his/her duties with full regard to the setting's Equal Opportunities policy Health and Safety
- The post holder must carry out his/her duties with full regard to the setting's Health and Safety procedures.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 7am - 7pm, shifts
NB: This post requires a DBS check as there may be periods of unsupervised access to children. An Enhanced DBS and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.