Are you an experienced nurse looking for a unique and exciting new opportunity with a Private Family?
Meridian Health are currently recruiting for an experienced live-in nurse to assist an able bodied young gentleman. This role is to provide respite to the very caring family members who have established a very effective care plan. Whilst the gentleman is mostly bed bound at present due to his current condition he is able to move autonomously around his room/ bathroom etc... Personal care support is not a requirement of this role. It is hoped that the nurse will build a strong relationship with the patient and family to maximise the recovery process. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop existing clinical skills, whilst being passionate about providing excellent care to the young gentleman.
The family are committed to helping others with similar conditions and the Father has already founded a Charity to that end. Therefore, this position could potentially lead to a diverse future role, helping other victims in the family's charitable endeavours, once the patient is well; depending on how good the employee is in the role.
The job will entail but not be limited to;
- blood draws
- administration of IV
- lymphatic drainage massage (which will be taught to the successful applicant)
- managing the treatment and supplement schedule
- ensuring that life is as comfortable for him as possible
It is crucial for this role to be proactive and passionate in your approach. We need someone who will listen to the gentlemen, research medical advancements that may aid his condition and ensure that the best treatment is provided at all times.
The job will involve liaising with and co-ordinating medics, practitioners, therapists.
We are looking for a flexible individual, whilst hours will be agreed- we are not looking for a clock watcher.
Accommodation will either be in the property or within 15 minutes door to door by bus. Live out status can be discussed, dependant on home location, and willingness to be flexible to stay over if required.
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Capable of brisk efficiency and have a natural authority.
- Strong character but able to listen and to adapt thinking as necessary
- Naturally cheerful and positive, but also calm.
- Fit and healthy as the patient cannot manage exposure to illness due to depleted immune system
- Excellent managerial and organisational skills
If you are interested in more information on this role please call Hannah 01242 246022
Attractive remuneration package offered, dependant on experience and qualifications.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.