At Meridian Health we are recruiting for a Deputy Manager for beautiful home providing residential and nursing care to elderly residents in the Chester-le-Street area of county Durham.
This family-run luxury home prides itself on providing the highest levels of comfort and care. The nursing unit is fully staffed, with a very low turnover, and the service has always received the highest praise from CQC inspections.
Unlike many similar positions, the newly created Nurse Deputy Manager position is entirely supernumerary, and you will be an active member of the managerial team, working to improve standards even further. The owners of the service had one eye on succession planning when creating the role, and there will be opportunity to move up within the organisation in future.
The main roles and responsibilities will be as follows:
- take overall control of the nursing unit within the home, developing coherent policies and procedures.
- carry out regular audits.
- carry out supervisions with the nursing staff, and identify any skills or training needs.
- to support the service manager in the day-to-day running of the home.
- be responsible for the entire home in the absence of the manager.
To be considered for this position, you will be:
- an NMC registered RGN (ideal) or RMN with strong clinical skills
- a specialist in elderly nursing
- an experienced manager of a nursing home to a high standard at manager or deputy level
In return, our client is offering:
- A salary of £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience.
- A working week of Monday - Friday (office hours)
- An entirely supernumerary position
- Excellent internal career prospects
To be considered or this position, please apply with your CV or call Mike on 07500 827 519
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.