A superb opportunity for an independent, self motivated Sales Manager who is living in Northern England and able to develop business on a national basis is required by our client. They are a global supplier of equipment used in the conversion of vehicles, the majority of which are used in the disability market. Key products would include wheelchair restraints, vehicle passenger lifts and flooring systems. With an established presence within the UK, your markets are wide open across all commercial, public sector and charity based organisations with huge growth potential.
The Area Sales Manager needs to work closely with the Engineering dept in order that the most robust solutions and products are found for our market and with the Marketing dept providing customer insights in order to develop the product range in line with customer expectations.
- Source, generate, develop and maintain sales in an assigned territory ensuring that sales budgets are met or exceeded
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to create Sales budgets and Targets, identify New products requirements and establish market needs
- Be able to work with customers at all levels within their organisation and with a variety of outlets from specifier to end user
- Negotiate both as an individual at all levels and with a clear picture of the financial viability of the sale in today's aggressive market, being aware of possible competitors and their sales prices and/or tactics
- Decide on any discount awarded to any one customer for bulk or loyalty purchasing
- Good sales ability, proven successful sales background ideally selling a technical product within the automotive sector, commercial vehicle trade and across the public sector.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and as part of a team
- Possess the technical ability to assist customers to identify the correct product for their individual needs
- The ability and the inner self-confidence to demonstrate all company products in a professional manner IT literate and fully confident in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To be available for occasional evening and weekend engagements such as exhibitions and conferences
- Full, clean, UK driving licence
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm with flexibility required as this is a national role
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.