A superb opportunity for a driven and dynamic Sales Manager with proven experience of developing business within the independent furniture or bedding market. Ideally located between the M4 corridor and south of Liverpool, you will be happy to fulfil this National role, managing a team of Representatives whilst also selling proactively to your own customer base.
Your role will be to effectively manage an existing portfolio of independent retail customers, via your own direct sales and those of your team of Field Sales Representatives.
Managing the portfolio of existing customers to ensure profitable sales and excellent service is delivered, through a combination of 'customer' and 'commercial' account management
- Effectively managing and develop customer relationships within the independent furniture retail sector
- Targeting and winning new business through the execution of the new business development strategy as both an active member yourself and by providing guidance, support and vision to your sales team
- Increasing the market share of this quality British manufacturer's brands within the UK furniture market
- Full sales margin and profit responsibility for your customer portfolio in line with the Sales Director's budgets
- Develop strategic account plans and ensure the ongoing focus, execution and delivery of these plans aligns with your commercial goals
- Proactively work with the product development and marketing teams to constantly identify and execute a full range of activities that will meet the ongoing needs of the customer and drive ongoing margin development
- Deliver the highest standards of commercial, operational, legal governance, HR and internal administration at all times
- Maintain a high level of focus and ownership of the full potential within each customer, ensuring appropriate activities are being executed to develop and deliver year on year profitable growth
- Previous experience in the Furniture Independent field sales environment
- A comprehensive knowledge of the AIS buying process
- Experience of portfolio selling
- Experience of effectively managing a field based sales team
- Ability to identify and work with relevant business resources
- Influencing at all buying levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise according to impact
- Excellent negotiation skills with a strong commercial and financial awareness
- Solid communication (verbal and written) and active listening skills with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Executive Company Car, mobile, laptop
- Company Pension
- Free Medical
- Death in Service Package
Working Hours: 9.00 - 5.30 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.