Due to continued success within their area or expertise, we are currently recruiting for a National Account Manager on behalf of a UK leading Independent Food Wholesaler supplying multi temperature products to foodservice clients throughout the UK. Established in the early 1970's, the client delivers a wide variety of multi temperature food products, including butchery and fresh range to caterers across the county.
As the National Account Manager for Destination Leisure Sector which in particular includes Garden Centres, you will be tasked with achieving and exceeding sales and margin targets within your dedicated portfolio of accounts. Account values will surpass £500k per account and will be on average between £1m - £5m annual turnover.
Home Based (South Wales & South England)
Key responsibilities and features of the role will include:
- Achieve or exceed financial targets in a conductive manner in order to maintain ongoing business.
- Establish strong relationships externally to include suppliers and internally to maintain business and achieve business goals and targets.
- Ensure Account agreed KPI's are met or exceeded.
- Carry out category reviews to change customer's products or seek product improvement to achieve targets with a high degree of consideration to individual customer's needs and requirements.
- Carry out price reviews as scheduled by account with a view to achieving target
- Provide fully detailed product forecasts to Inventory as necessary with a view to achieving KPI's
- Attend Commercial/Marketing organised events as directed.
- Represent the Business in the best possible light at all times.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate must be an experienced Regional and/ or a National Account Manager with a wealth of experience gained with a delivered foodservice wholesaler and specifically within the Destination Leisure Sector, including Garden Centres.
You will be a food lover, a confident presenter with demonstrable food industry knowledge with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships. You will be a highly self motivated person with dedication and determination to achieve goals and targets.
You will be a strong negotiator and be able to manage your own time effectively. You will have the ability to develop and communicate sound commercial discussions, and have a thorough understanding of the cost drivers and their impact on our client's operations and their customer. This is a home based role covering the south of England and Wales and therefore due to the vast territory, a full clean driver's license s required. You will be provided with a company car.
In return, you will receive a salary of around £40k - £55k which is negotiable depending on your experience coupled with excellent benefits which include a Company Car, 25 days holiday, Staff Discount Scheme, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Death in Service, Childcare Vouchers, Saving Scheme and even a Staff Lottery!
Candidates will only be considered if they have experience as a National Account Manager in the foodservice sector.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.