Our client, a large private sector site in the Cambridge area, has an immediate vacancy for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to join their FM team. This is a permanent vacancy and an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to take the next step in their career
Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a hands on role, ensuring the smooth running of all mechanical and electrical site plant, providing support to the FM Manager when delivering projects on site.
- Responsible for efficient and effective resolution of Help Desk calls
- Carrying out and planning maintenance work throughout the site, working to the PPM
- Working with the FM in the delivery of specific site projects as needed
- Obtaining quotes for routine and project based work, ensuring planned and undertaken on time and within budget
- Monitoring the local plant and equipment through the BMS
- Ensuring the site is managed and maintained to a high standard
- Accountable for ensuring cost effective site and project management, strive to achieve the best service and price from outside contractors
- Support the FM Manager in managing the local site budget, provide feedback for supplier review and provide input into Capex requirements
- Supervision / co-ordination of contractors whilst on site
- Provide out-of-hours response to temperature monitoring system alarms and security response (backup service)
- Work with local Purchasing team to manage local third party site suppliers.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Detailed understanding of building regulation requirements
- Previous experience within a facilities / site environment
- General Facilities Maintenance experience
- Plumbing- (Desirable)
- Electrical- PAT testing, installation (Desirable)
The successful candidate will have proven experience as a multi skilled engineer, organised and flexible and be able to communicate with people at all levels. In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for a growing company with the chance to progress.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply by return as we are keen to shortlist for this role.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.