An experienced multi-skilled maintenance engineer is required to join the maintenance team at a rapidly growing manufacturer of household food brands.
The primary purpose of the role is to maintain all plant and auxiliary on site through a preventative maintenance programme and attend breakdowns as and when required. You will also be required to drive machine efficiency, and all other KPIs through continuous improvements using lean tools and techniques.
- Monitor all plant and machinery, using our data collection streams I.E (waste/OEE/tonnage/performance and availability)
- Investigate poor machinery performance, and implement solutions to eliminate poor performance ensuring complete communication with the Engineering Manager on site
- Identify spares required, arrange locations for them in stores
- Modify plant and equipment to improve performance, whilst considering H&S and food safety constraints, which is critical to audit compliance.
- Keep a record of all maintenance activities undertaken.
- Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard, whilst considering H&S and food safety constraints, which is critical to audit compliance.
- Attend breakdowns promptly when required.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities on plant equipment (PPMs)
- Carry out maintenance and repairs on all site equipment as required, such as buildings, drains, pipework,etc.
- Ensure a good working relationship between engineering, production and other support functions
- Assist in the training of machine operatives and apprentices 'on site.
- Comply with and embody all site & company polices at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable instructions as requested by a member of the management team.
Knowledge, skills and interests
- Be able to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Computer literate
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- An excellent understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- An excellent understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good practical and technical skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An aptitude to develop new skills
- Must be willing to learn & follow instructions to improve this knowledge
- Excellent understanding of PLC driven equipment
- Good ability in maths, IT and science
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Have previously implemented lean & continuous improvement techniques.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering HNC preferred
- NVQ 3 in an engineering subject
- Food & hygiene safety certification (desirable).
Hours will be either 6am-2pm or 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
If you have the experience required and are looking for an exciting challenge, please apply immediately or call Karen Smith on 01993 709977 for more details.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.