A well established, recognised FMCG manufacturer in Oxford requires an additional Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their existing team of 4. You will maintain all plant and auxiliary on site through a preventative maintenance program and attend breakdowns as and when required.
- Investigate poor machinery performance, and implement solutions to eliminate poor performance ensuring complete communication with the Engineering Manager on site
- Identify spares required, arrange locations for them in stores
- Modify plant and equipment to improve performance, whilst considering H&S and food safety constraints, which is critical to audit compliance.
- Keep a record of all maintenance activities undertaken, using the company's computer system.
- Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard, whilst considering H&S and food safety constraints, which is critical to audit compliance.
- Attend breakdowns promptly when required.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities on plant equipment (PPMs), raised through the computer system.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs on all site equipment as required, such as buildings, drains, pipework etc.
- Ensure a good working relationship between engineering, production and other support functions
- Assist in the training of machine operatives and apprentices on site.
- Comply with and embody all site & company polices at all times.
- Be able to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Computer literate
- An excellent understanding of engineering drawings.
- An excellent understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Good practical and technical skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An aptitude to develop new skills
- Must be willing to learn & follow instructions to improve this knowledge
- Good ability in maths, IT and science
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Have previously implemented lean & continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of PUWE$, CE markings, IOSH, and PTW procedures
- Minimum of two year's experience working in a food manufacturing environment is preferable although other legislated industries will be considered
- Apprenticeship in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering HNC preferred
- NVQ 3 in an engineering subject
- Food & hygiene safety certification (desirable).
- Holidays 20 days plus 8 bank holiday. Holidays will rise with service, extra day per year added to the total of 25 days.
- Overalls, tools and PPE is provided.
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Mon - Fri initially, although this role could lead to a early/late shift pattern (Mon - Fri) later this year.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.