At Meridian Health we are currently looking to recruit NMC Registered General Nurses and Registered Mental Health Nurses to work with our client, a leading provider of Disability Assessment Services.
As a Mobile Nurse Assessor you will cover numerous clinics in and around North Bristol, to assess people who are making a claim for Personal Independence Payments, you will also provide cover for annual/long term sickness/ maternity cover/ resignations etc.
You will be working alongside a dedicated team of health professionals as part of the DWP supply chain. You will use your clinical skills to conduct evidence based examinations to determine the ways a person's disabilities impact on their daily lives.
You will need to take into account all of the information presented including any supporting evidence (e.g. the claimant's completed questionnaire, and information from GP's or Specialists etc) and then carry out a face to face consultation in a professional manner.
Upon starting work you will embark on an outstanding training program that seeks to prepare you for the role in a classroom-based environment, before you enter the office for your mentor-based learning.
Experience in Personal Independence Payments is an advantage, but not essential as the client would be willing to train the applicant.
To be successful in this role you will be able to evidence the following:
- Broad-based post-qualification experience.
- Up to date NMC registration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to act decisively, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written skills with an ability to communicate information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner.
- Happy working as part of a team or on your own initiative.
- You'll have sufficient clinical knowledge to read and understand complex claimant information.
- Have excellent report writing skills to enable you to provide DWP with a robust assessment report.
- You'll have appropriate questioning skills along with the ability to capture informal and formal observations.
- Confident using computers.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Salary of £32,000
- Mileage Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- Career Progression.
- Monday to Friday, office-type hours.
- CPD funding for external courses.
- Ongoing training and support.
If you would like to be considered for this position apply below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively call Rebekah on 0151 556 2090 to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.