Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Works Manager in developing a high standard of Refuse vehicles
- Ability to read drawings; fabricating and welding raw materials in accordance with drawings supplied in build packs.
- Working knowledge of tolerances, standards, materials specification requirements for a job and working with power tools.
- To hold or be working towards a relevant Welding qualification
- Experience of working in the body builder industry
- Working in a timely manner producing finished products to build process deadlines
- Raise issues during a build process and record any changes
- Allocate Body and Chassis to relevant contract orders.
- Support sub-contractors, such as Camera, Weigh, and livery companies while on site
- Capture relevant information supporting specification of build requirements
- Monitoring build process and liaise with Works Manager so appointments for sub-contractors can be arranged.
- Corresponding with Works Manager with build progress
- Finalise all relevant paperwork
- Vehicle inspections and testing
- Assisting in Goods in and Goods Out when required
- The Health & Safety of themselves and those around them
- Work on bringing costs down and modularising NTM brand
- Communicating to relevant personnel the ongoing environmental and quality issues to identify the basis for continual improvement.
Hours of work are;
Monday - Thursday
LONG WEEKEND EVERY WEEKEND FOR A BETTER WORK LIFE BALANCE
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.