This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in a beautiful area of Somerset. As Microbiologist you will be responsible for the quality management of the onsite ISO17025:2005 accredited laboratory and ensuring the on-site laboratory meets with the requirements of ISO 17025:2017 (UKAS) Accreditation. As an experienced Laboratory Quality Analyst you will be keen to take on the additional responsibility this role offers.
- Provide food and feed safety advice to the company when necessary, along with raw material and product testing advice to colleagues.
- Responsible for ensuring the laboratory quality management system is followed at all times.
- Assist the QC Manager with training of laboratory personnel ensuring that staff are properly trained and that all work undertaken is compliant with relevant quality and regulatory standards.
- Ensure that, where necessary, all laboratory equipment is qualified and/or validated in line with the Company's Validation Master Plan.
- Provide technical support for external and internal queries, including results and anomaly reporting.
- Write, review and control all laboratory documentation as required. Ensure laboratory methods are approved, controlled, current, robust and fit for purpose, including method development where required.
- Assisting with customer visits, external and internal audits including conference calls and potential visits with customer lab managers where required.
- Ensuring continuous improvement via internal audits and regular meetings such as QA, Complaints review, HACCP etc.
- Input into product dossier or technical enquiries in support of the Regulatory and Technical Department.
- Degree in science related subject preferable. 2 years relevant experience in the Food / Pharmaceutical Industry essential.
- 2 years relevant experience in an ISO17025, or similar, accredited Laboratory, ideally in a Management or Laboratory Quality Management role.
- External auditing, Food Safety and HACCP Qualification at Level 3 or above are desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- Attention to detail at all times.
- A practical approach to your workload
Associated Benefits: pension scheme, healthcare and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.