We are looking for people who have a proven track record in Estimating or Cost Engineering who can support Senior Managers both with project delivery and costing of projects.
Our projects teams typically deliver mechanical, electrical, fabric or construction projects from several hundred thousand pounds to multi million pound projects, such as mechanical and electrical installations of plant and distribution systems (including ventilation, fire protection, boiler room, water storage and distribution), and / or build and building fabric extra works projects such as office interiors and fit out projects.
You will be customer facing and have the ability to follow the project management process from cradle to grave including meeting with the customer, developing a scope of works, putting together a tender and delivering the projects on site through to handover. You will be highly organised with excellent prioritisation skills.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
- To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
- To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
- Ensure compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across subcontractors activities, and are regularly reviewed on each and every project. This will include the timely delivery of a Health and Safety file for the works and full compliance with CDM regulations.
- To build strong relationships with sub-contractors, in particular preferred suppliers, to ensure cost effective solutions which meets our quality expectations can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk and ensuring back to back terms and conditions.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.