Our Cheltenham based client are seeking an experienced and multi-skilled Mechanical Fitter to join their Engineering team on a full-time, ongoing temporary basis. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an international firm and increase their skill set and abilities. The pay will be offered at £11.00 - £12.00 per hour DOE.
- Assemble original/refurbished specialist vehicles and equipment complete to customer's specification as outlined in the customers order.
- Work must be of a very high standard and quality in accordance with ISO 9001, ensuring vehicle reliability and appearance is maximised.
- Ensure the Quality Control documentation (VQD) has been signed and completed in the correct manner.
- Provide technical support to those employees who have limited product knowledge.
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing to a successful team and collective ownership of the vehicle throughout the assembly process.
- Flexible attitude towards working on a variety of products.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Environment regulations and exercise a Duty of Care promoting a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- It would be expected that Mechanical Fitter would be multi-skilled and demonstrate the necessary flexibility to work additional hours as when required in order to achieve the required delivery.
- Demonstrate a positive working attitude to ensure that deadlines are met.
- General upkeep of working area
- Recognised modern Engineering Apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment or a proven engineering background with fitting experience
- Understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics would be beneficial.
- Possess a solid multi-skill set including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic
- Experience and knowledge of control systems would be desirable
If this is an opportunity that you would like to hear more about then please call the branch on 01242 246 020 and ask for Jade or apply online with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.