Meridian Business Support are recruiting on behalf of their client, for a Mechanical Estimator to join the team ASAP. This role is based in Glasgow and is on a permanent basis.
You will be office based, working on an array of projects spanning the nuclear, pharma, downstream, petrochem and O&G sectors. Joining a friendly and forward thinking company that believe hugely in a good work/life balance and have 30,000 employees globally, you will become an integral part of the estimating team with potential to progress throughout your career.
You will benefit from working hours of 37.5 per week, holidays are 25 days per year + stats, company pension contribution, annual review of salary and joining the company rewards scheme. Learning and development is also encouraged.
As an Estimator (Mechanical), you will:
* Ensure the efficient operation of all systems in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS).
* Analyse enquiry contents, extracting commercial requirements and advising all interested/participating departments of the requirements.
* Interpret the "Scope of Work" and where necessary, formulate and place Sub‐Contract Enquiries and appraise subsequent responses.
* Attend "Pre‐Tender Meetings" and "Site Visits" and assessing all salient features. Establishing working conditions and ensuring completion of the necessary Site Reports.
* Perform "Quantity Take‐Offs" of materials and labour operations from G.A. Drawings, Schedules and Specifications. If necessary, establishing "Bills of Quantities" and providing Bills of Materials to facilitate material supply pricing.
* Perform an appraisal of Mechanical Installation Work/ Structural Steelwork etc., and assessing methods of Installation, Manhours and Plant requirements.
Who we're looking for
You will be:
Please apply with a relevant, updated CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.