£9.31-£9.76 per hour
We are looking for a mechanical engineer that can undertake core craft mechanical and general engineering duties, maintain the equipment around the Shrewsbury area.
Undertake a range of mechanical/engineering/plumbing work procedures for installation, commissioning, validation,repair and routine maintenance of new and existing industrial/commercial and domestic equipment.
- You may be asked to undertake general duties where skills, abilities are appropriate and authorised by supervisors.
- Install, maintain, validate and problem solve faulty equipment in accordance with manufacturers instructions, relevant regulations, Approves Code of Practice (ACOP's), Health Technical Memorandums (HTM's), British Standards etc.
- Interpret and work from drawings, specifications, risk assesments, method statements, permits to work, work orders.
- Carry out special testing, maintenance and srvicing where training has been given and competencies or certification allow.
- Ensure accuracy of plant, tools, equipment and materials where appropriate and applu in accordance with legislation, physical skills, Health and Safety and manufacturer instructions.
Must be able to prove appropriate qualifications for the role ie. NVQ Level 4 or other equivalent diploma.
Experience of working in a similar role.
Candidate MUST hold a current driving licence.
Need to understand the symbols, diagrams and charts in different contexts and different purposes.
Hours of work are Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.
May be asked to be on call 16:30 To 08:30 week days, 08:30 to 16:30 and 16:30 to 08:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com or call Laura 01782272400
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.