Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Mechanical Contracts Manager based in the High Wycombe area of Buckinghamshire.
Our client specialises in the design, installation and commissioning of electrical and mechanical services across the industrial, commercial and public sectors.
This role is permanent after a successful three month probationary period and in return for your knowledge and experience, you can enjoy a competitive salary, with private health care, company pension, 25 days holiday and company car or car allowance.
The Mechanical Contracts Manager must have a good knowledge of all mechanical services including commissioning and controls and be capable of using the Microsoft Office suite. You must be SMSTS qualified and hold the relevant CSCS card. You will also control the financial aspect of the project ensuring that budgetary targets are achieved and maintained. You will produce programmes and progress reports and closely monitor on-site progress.
The position will be based at our client's High Wycombe office but will require site attendance as deemed necessary, throughout London and the Home Counties, and will need to travel. You may be required to manage several projects at a time from conception through to commissioning and final handover depending on project values.
MECHANICAL CONTRACTS MANAGER
- Responsible to the Contracts Director
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all site staff and operatives
- Responsible for all commercial and contractual aspects of the project
- Monitor all site management procedures and ensure their correct application
- Issue all applications and variations
- Attend meetings as deemed necessary design, progress, commissioning etc.
- Attend to on site problems, offer technical support and engineered solutions
- Produce fortnightly Progress Reports
- Produce programmes and short term look ahead
- Produce Site Specific Risk Assessments/Method Statements
- Produce Health and Safety Reports
- Monitor site progress and quality and chair weekly sub-contractor meetings
- Maintain site files
- Maintain Procurement Schedule
- Maintain Technical Submission Schedule
- Produce Lifting Plans
- Attend Main Contractor's workshops as required
- Responsible for issuing requisitions for specialist packages and large plant items
- Monitoring material requisitions and progressing orders
- Responsible for identifying variations and providing costing information for inclusion in monthly applications
- Responsible for drawing/document control and issue
- Responsible for the preparation of Quality Control Sheets
- Responsible for the preparation of room/ceiling/void closure notices
- Responsible for the issue of Requests for Information
- Responsible for the collation of documentation for the Operating and Maintenance Manuals
- Responsible for the production of handover documentation
Please apply with a relevant, updated CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.