Meridian Business Support is recruiting for the role of a Material Planner to join a growing team of a prestigious manufacturing engineering client based in Cheltenham, Gloucester.
This role is pivotal to the smooth and efficient running of the business to ensure continuity of supply and building relationships with a network of suppliers, making sure component parts are in the right place at the right time.
The key responsibilities include:
- meeting customer commitments and promise date
- provisioning of materials on suppliers;
- taking up and understanding system generated suggestions;
- management of parameters to maximise the flow of product through manufacturing ensuring continuity of supply;
- releasing and scheduling sales orders that break Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) levels;
- customer communications and response to quotations, delivery improvements and progress
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced of working in materials purchasing function (no requirement for price negotiation or supplier selection);
- familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software;
- familiar with manufacturing 'pull systems' with a knowledge of Kanban replenishment;
- pragmatic and able to use initiative;
- computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Office and Outlook software;
- an excellent communicator at all levels across all functions;
- able to influence external suppliers and verbally negotiate the best possible leadtimes & order lead times;
- able to work as part of a team of planners and buyers, Goods Receiving and Distribution Centre;
- able to give evidence of a 'can-do' and 'make it happen' attitude
- well organised;
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you have the attributes required, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.