Our North Wales/Shropshire border based clients are recruiting a new role of Materials Controller. The role is responsible for managing stock availability and stock turns for flooring in order to maximise customer service whilst minimising costs and working capital. The jobholder will report to the Head of Purchasing & Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring stock levels are appropriate to meet customer demand whilst remaining in budget
- Providing information and support across the business
- Working to remove cost and waste from the supply chain and internal & external processes
- Evaluating supplier delivery risks and putting in place contingency plans where appropriate.
- Maintaining, evaluating and taking action to improve supplier delivery performance
- Manage chain of custody requirements, risk analysis and reporting in line with EUTR legislation
Skills, Experience & Personal Qualities
- Experience in a similar role including knowledge of environmental compliance
- Fully competent in excel and preferably with a good working knowledge of the AS400 system
- Analytical and well-organised
- Adaptable and flexible with a proactive approach with the ability to negotiate with suppliers and obtain best outcome for the company
- An accomplished communicator and influencer
- Committed to personal development and willing to study for formal qualifications where appropriate.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this role then please get in contact on 01952 457897 or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.