Fixed term contract role to join the team in June for a period of six months.
Recruiting on behalf of a prestigious manufacturing engineering firm in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, we're seeking a skilled Material Planner to be responsible for ensuring supplier purchase orders are created, reviewed and managed in order to meet production and inventory demand planning requirements.
Reporting to the Material Planner Team Leader, your main duties will include (not exclusively):
- ensuring the list of missing component shortages and order action report is actioned daily and managing orders (review, create, expedite, defer, cancel) based on latest ERP business system (Oracle E1) information;
- influencing external suppliers and verbally negotiating the best possible lead times and order quantities to ensure the required amount of stock is received at the right time;
- managing daily key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure orders are placed, reviewed and managed in a timely manner as well as measuring the performance of overdue orders and
- working together with a team of buyers, goods-in staff and distribution centre operators, seeking to optimise batch sizes and Minimum Order Quantities from suppliers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- purchasing process experience;
- good interpersonal skills and managing supplier relationships;
- business System (ERP) experience, for example Oracle E1, SAP;
- logical & structured thinking with a clear organised methodology;
- robust organisational skills, use of initiative & a positive attitude;
- being a self starter and results orientated;
- ability to work to deadlines and
- willingness and ability to challenge standard processes to identify improvement opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please do get in touch and I'll be pleased to talk through the position with you in a little more detail.
Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:45
Friday 08:00 - 12:30
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your details or give me, Tom Andrews, a call on 01242 / 533 / 514 and I'll be happy to help. Any conversations will be held in strict confidence.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.