Our client designs and manufactures mechanical products for the automotive and care industries and are looking for an effective, motivational manager of others to lead and develop a production assembly team. The Manufacturing Supervisor has a vital role in ensuring that line targets are met in terms of productivity, quality and accuracy, and maintaining high standards of motivation, efficiency and health and safety. The team will be a combination of Assembly Operatives and Sewing Machinists (so any previous experience with machinists would be highly beneficial). You will report to the Production Manager within this busy Somerset based business.
- Manage and be accountable for designated manufacturing areas including assembly and the sewing machine area / stitching room.
- Support the Team Leader in the role of planning.
- Meet customer demand and quality targets
- Liaise with other departments to ensure delivery of completed works orders ready for despatch in the correct quantities and quality at the correct time
- Motivate, develop, lead and manage the team
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance
- Set and maintain consistent 5S (Sort,Set,Shine,Standardise,Stick) and housekeeping standards in the manufacturing area
- Initiate and manage Continuous Improvement activities in association with the Production Manager
- Carry out performance and quality reviews with the manufacturing team
- A supervisory qualification: NEB'S or NVQ level 2 or above be an advantage
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Knowledge in Lean based activities
- Computer literate in major programs such as, MS Word, Excel
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent knowledge of products
- Organised, able to plan own time and others against required activity, managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrable people management and leadership skills
- Methodical in approach
- Ability to use initiative where required
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.