Are you a skilled, pro-active and diligent Manufacturing or Production Manager with a background in complex machining processes, seeking a challenging role within an innovative, industry-leading, Global firm who empower and inspire their employees to achieve and reach their full potential?
Do you consider yourself a strong leader of people and someone who builds and develops your team to equally strive to better themselves, whilst ensuring best practice and optimum efficiency is always achieved?
If so, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within a forward-thinking firm who offer solid opportunity, competitive remuneration and an excellent working environment and rewarding internal culture, fundamentally based upon respect.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 30, so experience of the day to day management of a similar number of direct reports is desired.
You will be technically competent and familiar with the equipment and procedures used in the machine shop. Along with technical competence, you will be the leader for the shop. This position is both administrative & technical in nature.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will work with the department team leaders and employees to manage the manufacture of high quality, high complexity machined parts to schedule, at an appropriate cost and to quality standards, Key knowledge of 5 axis machining, mill turn, complex internal & external grinding, honing, NDT & Deburr is required.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible and accountable for on-time delivery, acceptable quality & minimum cost. IN order to achieve the planned output, the Manufacturing Manger works closely with maintenance & manufacturing engineering, material control, heat treatment and assembly to ensure effective utilisation of the available equipment.
- Demonstrable direct machine shop or assembly experience is a must
- A background in a high volume engineering or production environment gained within either Automotive or Aerospace
- Knowledge of machine and quality control methods and costs are prerequisites
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Processes
- You will possess strong analytical abilities and be able to co-ordinate and manage complex issues based on sound decision making processes.
- You will be a strong leader of people and a team builder.
- Have a full apprenticeship, ideally with HNC qualifications or a relevant degree
- Not afraid to challenge the way things are done
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.