Working within the Quality Assurance department of a successful metal fabrication and assembly company in Exeter, you will predominantly focus on the successful coordination and implementation of new products whilst also offering support for existing products and processes. This will include investigating the most effective methods of assembly and production and creating supporting documentation to aid the assembly process and ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Working with all relevant departments coordinate and implement the introduction of new products within the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure the new product progress reports are updated accordingly and liaise with all departments to maintain accurate reporting.
- With the Development team identify risks and production issues and ensure these are communicated and actioned accordingly.
- With the Design team review Engineer Change Requests raised by the manufacturing teams and ensure successful completion where appropriate.
- Determine and collate production timings and costings to ensure cost targets are achieved.
- Ensure the implementation of efficient and suitable test criteria required to ensure safety and standards are maintained throughout the manufacturing process
- Knowledge of NPD procedures, ideally within a metal fabrication environment, but definitely within a mechanical assembly plant.
- Experience of managing projects from the design stage through to manufacture
- Understanding of machine and production capabilities and how these influence outputs
- Experience of costing products or services
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and translate this into a usable format for assembly teams
- Experience of raising works and routing documentation
- Understanding of root cause analysis, FMEA / risk analysis and 8D would be beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate continuous learning
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages and Solid Edge to intermediate level
- HND / HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous, although previous work experience would be considered
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.