Are you looking for a Management Accountant post with a leading Manufacturing company in Exeter? This is a fabulous opportunity for someone looking to become CIMA qualified or someone who is part qualified.
The purpose of the role is to provide management accountant support to the Financial Controller with a focus on financial planning and analysis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller to produce a 12 month rolling forecast as part of the monthly accounts submission.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with producing variance analysis where required to support the monthly accounts submission.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the production of supporting reports for the monthly senior management reporting pack focusing on the 12 month rolling forecast.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with producing a consolidated estimated profit position 3 days prior to the final accounts submission and relevant analysis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller to produce an early flash as an indicator of the month's position for internal management.
- Assisting with the production of a consolidated weekly cash flow monitor showing the week's actual cash flow versus forecast plus a 12 week cash flow forecast plus analysis of variances to prior forecasts.
- Reconcile actual fixed asset spend to budget and forecasting future spend.
- Responsible for producing monthly Budget Reports for budget holders including variance analysis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the production of group annual budgets for management review to include sales, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Daily sales and stock reporting
- Monthly sales and margin reporting
- Monthly creation of sales and margin reporting for forecasting purposes.
- Daily bank statement reconciliations
- Providing support to the credit control function currently 3 days per month plus ad hoc requirements.
- Auditing the payroll on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the production of an annual 5 year strategic financial model.
- Providing cover for payroll processing when required.
- Providing ad hoc reporting when required.
- Involvement in projects which increase the function's efficiency.
- Interaction and business partnering.
- The ideal candidate will be professional both internally and externally.
- Experienced in working within a busy, time pressured finance team.
- Must work well as part of a team as well as using initiative to work competently alone.
- Experience of working within a finance/accounting background is essential.
- Manufacturing background is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of an ERP system would be a benefit.
- AAT qualified and either started or willing to commence further study ideally towards CIMA.
- Full time
- This position may require some travel.
Working Hours: Mon - Thurs 9.00am - 5.30pm / Fri 9.00am - 3.30pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
£22K - £26K
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.