Management Accountant, rural Herefordshire - £circa 30,000 plus - Permanent
Potential to join our defined management bonus scheme for the right candidate
A permanent job opportunity, for someone with relevant accounting qualifications and relevant background, to make a key career change within a leading British trade manufacturer leading its Trade Association.
Grown consistently and organically a consistent profitable business employing a number of people in its factory in the Herefordshire countryside, this is where operations take place from design to manufacture working with some leading names in industry, both in the UK and elsewhere.
You will be integral to the future steps take in its development as head of a small Accounts team, perhaps you have working experience working in private industry ie in a similiar SME or/and an Accountancy Practice, my client would be interested in listening to suitable applicants.
Day to day financial tasks, you will be able to prepare and present monthly management accounts and any other financial reports as required to the directors.
Typical responsibilities include
- Purchase orders and invoicing
- Sales accounting and credit control
- Cash and banking admin
- Data processing
- Payroll accounting
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients
- Preparing and reconciling ledger balances
- General book keeping
- Completing and submitting VAT returns
- Previous experience within a similar finance roll is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Sage and spreadsheets (Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll)
- AAT qualified as a minimum
- A thorough, methodical approach
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Proven commercial skills
Ability to work with and manage the financial team you will be working Monday to Friday, please contact Mark Jones, Senior Recruitment Consultant for this role experienced in placing Accounting staff since 2005.
This role is easy to get to from Hereford, Leominster, Whitestone, Bromyard, Ledbury, Malvern and Worcester - please send your CV in the first instance Mark is contactable on 01432262266.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.