If you are a 17th Edition Electrical Maintenance Technician wanted to advance within a busy manufacturing facility, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. You will be responsible for planned and emergency repair on CNC machinery within a busy engineering manufacturing environment.
- To identify faults in a breakdown situation and to specify the materials and resources needed to complete the task.
- To dismantle faulty machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- To fit and install new machinery.
- To carry out servicing requirements on a planned basis.
- To check the accuracy and quality of the finished task.
- To log all activities on the maintenance system and to complete necessary documentation.
- To assist the maintenance team in the planning, design and building of any general engineering activity or project.
- To undertake electrical installation works.
- To undertake electrical testing as required and document.
- Applicants should have completed an electrical engineering apprenticeship or undertaken the relevant electrical qualifications.
- Hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulation Certificate
- Previous experience within an engineering or manufacturing organisation is preferred in which you will have carried out a range of electrical fault finding, installations and servicing tasks on plant and machinery.
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage including Hydraulics/ Pneumatics.
- As a strong team player, you will have an appreciation of the need to move from one task to another on a flexible basis in order to meet variable priorities.
- Ability to work well with, and communicate with production staff at all levels with regards to tasks being completed on production equipment.
- A positive health and safety attitude and level of competency.
- Basic IT competencies.
- A familiarity with the use of a computerised maintenance system would be beneficial.
- Training and skill development opportunities
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays. As a member of the Maintenance Team, the jobholder may be required to work during any fixed shutdown.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan
Excellent Salary - plus shift allowance (20%)
Working Hours: Double day shift: Early shift 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Thursday and 6 am to 1.30 pm Friday. Late shift 1.55 pm to 10.35 pm Monday to Thursday and 1.25 pm to 5.55 pm Friday). Total hours per week of 37.30 hours/week. Additional hours may be required to fully meet the responsibilities of this position. This may include weekend working and call outs.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.