Meridian Business Support is actively seeking an experienced and qualified Maintenance Technician to join a European market leading organisation in Carmarthenshire.
Key objectives of the role are:
- Ensure maximum up-time and efficient use of production plant.
- Work closely with Production Supervisor & Production shift to ensure breakdowns are diagnosed and repaired safely and quickly as per company policy and standards.
- Take responsibility for the Machinery, Safety, Compliance with Environmental & Statutory requirements and site security.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the plant is well maintained to ensure maximum up-time, by carrying out routine maintenance and inspections.
- Operate and maintain steam raising plant, including boiler operational tests & routine checks of boiler operating and safety equipment.
- Comply with Electricity at Work Regulations (SI 635), to ensure electrical maintenance is carried out safely.
- Ensure plant items are safely isolated for colleagues for cleaning and inspection.
- Assist 3rd party contractors in various routine servicing, maintenance or installation.
- Issue permits to work, Isolation certificates and ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Ensure that spares used or required are notified to the Site Manager to ensure they are replaced or available for further repairs.
- Ensure that work carried out on items of plant in daily diary is recorded accurately.
- Observe the requirements of the Health & Safety at work act 1974 and other current legislation, including site safety policy. Responsible for use of risk assessments, safe working practices, permit to work system and isolation procedures.
- Good housekeeping standards throughout mill and site by repairing leaks and ensuring work areas are left clean.
- Ensure that tools & lifting equipment are used and maintained correctly as required by LOLER.
- Maintain responsibility for pressure systems including steam, condensate and air.
- Observe requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management and BS EN ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems. Including recording of regular checks on form in the maintenance diary.
- Actively reduce environmental impact of any spillage using spill kits and drain bungs to prevent polluted spillages entering the surface water system.
- Assist the Production team for product manufacture as required
- Assume responsibility for security and safety on site.
- Perform other duties as required.
To be considered for this position, you will have a strong background in electrical and mechanical maintenance within a fast moving environment, with the ability to work to strict deadlines. Relevant degree or apprenticeship expected
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary plus shift allowance. This position is offered on a 3 shift rotation basis (6-2, 2-10, 10-6)
To be considered for this position, please apply with your most current CV. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07469 351702 or by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.