Meridian Business Support are actively seeking a Maintenance Technician to join a Manufacturing business based in Johnstown, Carmarthenshire.
Purpose of job:
- To ensure maximum uptime and efficient use of production plant.
- Work closely with Production Supervisor & Production shift to ensure breakdowns are diagnosed and repaired safely and quickly.
- Responsible for machinery Safety, compliance with Environmental and Statutory requirements & site security.
- Ensure plant is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime, by carrying out routine maintenance and inspections.
- Operate and maintain steam raising plant, including boiler operational tests & routine checks of boiler operating and safety equipment.
- Comply with Electricity at Work Regulations (SI 635), to ensure electrical maintenance is carried out safely.
- Responsible for pressure systems including steam, condensate and air.
- Ensure plant items are safely isolated for colleagues for cleaning and inspection.
- Assist 3rd party contractors in various routine servicing, maintenance or installation.
- Issue permits to work, Isolation certificates and ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Ensure that spares used or required are notified to the Site Manager to ensure they are replaced or available for further repairs.
- Record work carried out on items of plant in daily diary
- Good housekeeping standards throughout mill and site by repairing leaks and ensuring work areas are left clean.
- Observe the requirements of the Health & Safety at work act 1974 and other current legislation, including site safety policy. Responsible for use of risk assessments, safe working practices, permit to work system and isolation procedures.
- Ensure that tools & lifting equipment are used and maintained correctly as required by LOLER.
- Observe requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management and BS EN ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems. Including recording of regular checks on form in maintenance diary.
- Actively involved in reducing environmental impact of any spillage using spill kits and drain bungs to prevent polluted spillages entering the surface water system.
- Responsible for security and safety on site.
- Assist the Production team for product manufacture as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
For more information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.