Our client has a permanent vacancy for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer to cover a prestigious retail contract in the North West. You will be required to carry out Planned and Reactive Repairs on all Electrical aspects of the stores as well as general maintenance as needed. This is a mobile role for a qualified, time served Electrician covering a number of stores in the Essex and Hertford areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete proactive inspections and any required remedial repairs, monitor and manage energy consumption via BMS systems and site utilities metering
- Ensure that PPM is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices and in line with the client's KPI's
- Provide holiday and sickness cover to other engineers on direction by the Contract Manager/Technical Supervisor or Store Maintenance Engineer Administration Team
- Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works
- Carry out reactive repairs as required by the client and respond to all work requests in a timely manner
- Operate clients software systems to ensure efficient maintenance activities
- Conduct weekly inspections and complete remedial works to raise store standards
- Ensure work reports, time-sheets, and necessary paperwork are sent to Contract Support promptly within timescales set
- Attend Client meetings and provide effective communications to Store Operations and Regional Facilities Managers
- Take ownership of all work orders in cluster stores responding to all work-orders promptly and escalate unresolved issues to the Contract Manager/Technical Supervisor as soon as possible
- Provide cost effective solutions by minimizing sub-contractor reactive work orders
- Visit all stores within your assigned region according to the schedule provided
Qualifications/ Key Skills:
- Qualified, Time Served Electrician and 17th Edition - plus 5 years post qualification experience is essential
- PAT Testing Qualification and Experience is preferred
- Part One Electrical Combustion engineer with suitable commercial gas modules - Preferred
- CSCS Skills Card
- Clean and current driving licence
- Preferable Asbestos Awareness and Water Legionella qualification
- Be available to attend Asbestos, Water Legionella and 2-day Systems House training
- Able to start at 6.30 am to work around store opening times.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with an outstanding reputation.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.