Are you an experienced machine minder and setter looking for a new opportunity within the Somerset area?
We are currently recruiting for a Machine Setter to work for a small family run engineering company based near Langport in Somerset. You will be joining their engineering team and will receive hands on training on a variety of machines.
Machinery used includes:
- Automatic saw
- Tube bending machines, electric and hydraulic
- Small hydraulic presses
- 60-80 T hydraulic presses
- Brake press
- Hydraulic piercing equipment
Experience in running and setting a variety of engineering machines will be essential, but you do not need experience in all of the machines listed above.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Repair and modify jigs and fixtures
- Check production times against standard
- Help in development of new products
- Produce parts (must be hands on)
- Use computer system to access information
- Print off production drawings and paperwork
Suitable candidates need an engineering and manufacturing background as well as a hands on approach to being able fix and maintain machinery. You must be self-motivated and able to use own initiative in solving problems.
Hours of work are 39 hours per week and the rate of pay is between £10 -12 per hour depending on experience.
This is initially starting on a long term temporary position with the view to becoming a permanent position after completing a successful trial period.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.