We are currently looking for a Wheeled 360 Excavator with grab and elevating cab essential to start immediately on Wrexham industrial estate.
FLT and Loading shovel would be a bonus, but not essential.
- Identify, organise and prioritise workload among staff and ensure work is completed to FCC standard.
- Help maintain required standard of Integrated management systems paperwork for "IMS" / Site filing systems "SFS"
- Demonstrate good communication, Regulatory / statuary bodies
- To assist the Supervisor in delivering, controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the area in accordance with management instructions, all health & safety Working Procedures and Legislative Requirements, Planning Permissions, Waste Management Licence, E-Module Training, Safety Alerts and Toolbox talks at all times.
- To be aware of, and conversant with the relevant details of the Permit, Management System, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Emergency Procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ensure all accidents, near-misses or dangerous situations are recorded and reported to your Supervisor or Manager.
- To promote and enforce the need to maximise recycling levels across all operations.
- To control and co-ordinate all transport requirements at each Centre to ensure recycling and waste containers are always available and operational.
- Ensure all legislative Duty of Care, Waste Carriers Certification and Consignment Note requirements/ checks, along with the associated paperwork, is completed properly.
- Generation of clear and factual information relating to all necessary paperwork on behalf of the client
- To ensure that all site personnel are wearing issued uniforms and the correct PPE at all times.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings regarding achieved recycling rates and other site issues.
- To carry-out plant pre-start checks and defect reporting for both mobile and static plant.
- To ensure preventative maintenance, servicing and statutory inspections are carried out in line with the manufacturer's guidelines and associated training.
- Formally record and report any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of staff
- Liaise with and carry out any reasonable and safe duties assigned to you by your Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Mobile plant licence, especially loading shovel, telehandler and excavator (preferably with grab attachment).Counter Balance fork lift truck
- Have experience in operating mobile and static plant
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Places Health and Safety at the centre of everything the site does.
- Practically minded with can do attitude.
- Ability to deal with people. Respectful.
- Flexible approach to duties
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to use initiative and make suggestions for process improvements.
Please apply by sending your CV to chesterindustrial @ meridianbs.co.uk or by calling 01244304360 for more information.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.