M&E Project Manager - Facilities Services - MOD, Whitehall, London
Package & Salary- £50-£55K per annum
27 days holiday & stats
Company pension & life assurance
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to manage and deliver the MOD life cycle and small works projects (AVEs) from inception to completion including income generation work.
- Manage any Life Cycle and Small works Project work (AVEs) including managing design, estimating, arranging for the ordering of materials and plant, resource planning and implementation of direct labour or contract labour.
- Pre plan all works with relevant stakeholders and then liaise with all relevant parties including but not limited to Operations Managers, Estates Managers, clients, trade contractors and other third parties including departments to agree acceptable commencement date for the works.
- Ensure access is available and the planned works do not compromise day to day operations and that works are delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Fulfil the duties of Principal Contractor as defined by CDM 2015.
- Be based at MOD Whitehall
We're looking for:
- Ability to achieve security clearance at MOD level
- Ideally technically qualified to minimum of HNC (Building/Mechanical) or Degree plus previous experience in engineering and building maintenance operations is required.
- Part or professionally qualified in electrical/ mechanical engineering related discipline with a recognised professional body, or willing to engage with necessary additional learning to achieve status.
- Demonstrable experience of managing contractors and client expectations
- Demonstrable experience working to British Standards and current regulations, including L8.
- Experience of CDM regulations is a mandate
- Proven experienced in delivering multiple complex projects to a value of £1.0M and high calibre experience of trouble shooting where required.
Please apply to Joe Firth of Meridian Business Support.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.