Meridian Business Support are currently on the market for a Logistics Controller for their long term and esteemed client who are based in the outskirts of Glasgow City Centre.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fantastic family orientated food based business who truly go the extra mile to look after their staff and give them every chance to succeed.
You will have the responsibility for the day to day logistics operation within the facility whilst making sure the quality of all aspects of work carried out is to the highest of standard. Striving towards department and company goals is paramount within this role whilst the development and motivation of staff within the team is also a high priority. The successful candidate will be highly comfortable in taking the responsibility of his/her workload as well as assisting the the team.
Skills / Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a fast moving warehousing/logistics environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experienced in stock control
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to build rapport with customers, delivery companies and all colleagues across the organisation
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to manage own workload to expected standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to complete the daily workload
- Computer literate including use of Word, Excel and Sage
- People Management Skills
- Ability to follow direction and work within agreed parameters
Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday, 0830 - 1700
If you are interested in the above role then if you can send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call Ross on 0141 285 7905 for further details.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.