We are working with a well established Facilities Company who have an immediate requirement for a Lighting Engineer based in the Bristol area. Working on a prestigious contract, this is a permanent vacancy for an experienced Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out Lighting and Condenser Clean Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule and undertake reactive repairs to lighting and condensers
- Complete proactive inspections and any remedial repairs as needed
- Carry out PPM in line with task schedules, and client KPI's
- Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works
- Carry out reactive repairs
- Establish and maintain a good working relationships with other employees and clients
- Promote a positive safety culture, ensuring the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment
- Conduct weekly proactive inspections and complete remedial works to raise store standards
- Ensure work reports, timesheets, and necessary paperwork are sent to Contract Support promptly within timescales set
- Provide effective communications to Store Operations and Regional Facilities Managers
- Monitor and manage energy consumption via BMS systems and site utilities metering
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with schedules and contract requirements
- Identify any defects and provide parts lists and timescales to carry out remedial works
- Lighting PPM as per client specification including refurbishment of existing light fittings
- Identify any defects including alarm faults and corroded or damaged coil fins
- Demonstrate continuous improvement, including First Time Fix Percentage, and Number of Open Jobs
- Take ownership of all work orders in cluster stores responding to all work-orders promptly and escalate unresolved issues to the Contract Manager/Technical Supervisor as soon as possible
- Provide cost effective solutions by minimising sub-contractor reactive work orders.
- Ensure all PPM's are performed on time and to required standards. Record and document all tasks performed as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 17th Edition - essential
- Part One Electrical
- Knowledge or experience PAT Testing is preferable
- Must be confident working at heights
- A full, clean driving licence
- Able to take on additional training if required (Asbestos, Water Legionella, PAT Testing)
- Able to commit to a 6 am start
If you are based within the Bristol area, have the relevant skills and experience and are looking for a permanent role as a Lighting Engineer with a proven company please apply by return.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.