Our client, a well established Facilities Company who have an immediate requirement for an experienced Lighting Engineer. Working on a prestigious contract, this is a permanent vacancy for an experienced Engineer. You will be required to cover a large area in and around Harrogate, Ripon and York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out Lighting and Condenser Clean Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule and undertake reactive repairs to lighting and condensers
- Complete proactive inspections and any remedial repairs as needed
- Carry out PPM in line with task schedules, and client KPI's
- Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works
- Carry out reactive repairs
- Establish and maintain a good working relationships with other employees and clients
- Promote a positive safety culture, ensuring the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment
- Conduct weekly proactive inspections and complete remedial works to raise store standards
- Ensure work reports, time sheets, and necessary paperwork are sent to Contract Support promptly within timescales set
- Attend Client meetings and provide effective communications to Store Operations and Regional Facilities Managers
- Monitor and manage energy consumption via BMS systems and site utilities metering
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with schedules and contract requirements
- Identify any defects and provide parts lists and timescales to carry out remedial works
- Lighting PPM as per client specification including refurbishment of existing light fittings
- Identify any defects including alarm faults and corroded or damaged coil fins
- Demonstrate continuous improvement to your individual performance statistics, including First Time Fix Percentage, and Number of Open Jobs
- Take ownership of all work orders in cluster stores responding to all work-orders promptly and escalate unresolved issues to the Contract Manager/Technical Supervisor as soon as possible
- Provide cost effective solutions by minimising sub-contractor reactive work orders.
- Ensure all PPM's are performed on time and to required standards. Record and document all tasks performed as required
- Form professional client relationships for all stores under your responsibility
Skills and Experience required:
- 17th Edition and 5 years post qualified experience is essential
- Part One Electrical
- Knowledge or experience PAT Testing is preferable
- Must be confident working at heights
- A full, clean driving licence is essential
- Able to take on additional training if required (Asbestos, Water Legionella, PAT Testing)
Due to the nature of the contract the successful candidate will need to be on site from 6.30 am to 3.30 pm with a view to overtime.
If you have the relevant skills, qualifications and experience please apply by return as our client is keen to interview for this role.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.