Are you a pro-active and customer-focused Proposals Engineer, Technical Executive or Commercial Executive with a grounding in Engineering and experience of leading and developing a technical support team within the Oil and Gas Industry? Do you seek to build upon this experience with a Global firm who offer a varied position which brings competitive remuneration, good opportunity for further development and an excellent working environment?
If so, we are currently seeking a candidate like you to lead our client's technical team to achieve excellence and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This position reports directly into the Operations Manager.
Leading technical and commercial sales/order support activities from the front with a hands-on approach to coaching and training, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing the technical team to ensure seamless handling of enquiries through purchase order to invoicing and payment.
- Liaising closely with the Operations Manager and other colleagues to inform and collaborate on live customer relate activities
- Provide technical and commercial guidance to internal and external team
- Ensure accurate product selection and engagement with global supply network to address all aspects of customer requirements
- Review and negotiation of customer commercial terms and technical requirements
- Produce and review tender submissions
- Ensure comprehensive order handover to relevant teams
- Day to day management of the technical team, including delegation of workload, devising and implementing effective KPI's, carrying out appraisals and establishing career development plans
Key experience and skills required:
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of a similar position, within the Oil and Gas industry/markets
- A background in engineering positions, ideally coupled with a relevant degree or qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starting, who is comfortable working with estimations to meet deadlines
- High levels of attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
A competitive remuneration package is attributed to this vacancy, details of which will be provided to suitable applicants, along with a job description PRIOR to any CV submission to our client.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.