Tunnel Engineering Support - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for experienced candidates to fill a Lead Geotechnical Engineer role based in Central London working on London Underground projects in the capital.
The Lead Geotechnical Engineer (LGE) will be responsible for the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering support in the undertaking of condition appraisal, inspection, monitoring, assessment maintenance and upgrade/renewal of the earth structures asset base to ensure a safe and efficient railway.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Carrying out design high quality geotechnical designs and construction drawings for stabilisation/renewal of earth structures and other geotechnical projects within the EU.
- Supervise and mentor the earth structures design team in order to produce high quality geotechnical designs and construction drawings for stabilisation/renewal of earth structures.
- Reviewing, checking and approval of Geotechnical Engineering technical documentation associated with earth structure upgrade project and other civil engineering projects on the LU system.
- Provision of Cat 2 independent geotechnical design check for designs carried out by other teams within the LU.
- Providing specialist geotechnical engineering input to other teams across the LU business e.g. bridges and structures, line upgrades, maintenance, etc.
- Collaborate as necessary with teams in maintenance, Capital Programme and sponsor to ensure effective management of earth structures assets.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Experience of geotechnical design, assessment and inspection of earth structures (essential)
- Experience of geotechnical engineering work in a railway environment (essential)
- Experience with projects on the London Underground (desirable)
- Geotechnical experience in urban metro projects (desirable)
- Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering Degree (essential)
- Post graduate degree in Geotechnical or Engineering (desirable)
- Chartered membership of ICE or other appropriate professional institution (essential)
- Knowledge of Geotechnical Inspection, assessment and design principles (essential)
- Knowledge of applicable LU and other Geotechnical design and assessment standards (desirable)
- Ability to use key Geotechnical design software including SLOPE/W, WALLAP, REPURE or similar (essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation and externally, both orally and in writing (essential)
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence (Essential)
- Ability to plan, implement and manage work activities to deliver to time, budget and quality (essential)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.