About the Role
We require Land Referencing Technicians to be based in our Birmingham City Centre office. The role involves the identification, collation and presentation of land and property ownership in the Rail, Highways, Airports, Energy and Regeneration sectors.
Technicians work as part of a team to analyse and accurately capture ownership and occupation data, including spatial data using a geographic information system (GIS). Technicians are also required to occasionally undertake visits to sites throughout the UK.
You will be looking to enter or build upon your career with an industry leader and have an interest in geography, land, property and construction sectors. You will be gaining knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK's major infrastructure projects.
You will possess good multimedia communication skills and will be able to liaise with team members, clients and members of the public.
You will possess some or all of the following:
- a basic understanding of geography and the ability to read maps;
- proficiency in MS Office suite and use of internet;
- the ability to organise own workload and be able to work autonomously;
- the ability to work to deadlines and within a team environment;
- attention to accuracy and detail;
- exposure to/experience of Geographic Information Systems;
- the ability to analyse title information held at Land Registry
An ideal candidate will also have:
- a 'can do' attitude, consistently delivering to time, quality and cost;
- ability to deliver excellent customer service at all times;
A full, clean UK Driving License is advantageous.
We look for people who share our commitment to working in the community and who really want to make a positive difference to people's lives. We are proud of our recruitment history and benefits and we have high staff retention rates.
On joining the business you will have online access to our range of voluntary and flexible benefits including the WorkSave Pension Plan, plus access to the Mears Group Corporate Benefits including:
- We offer extensive training and UK recognised qualifications in order to give our team members the tools they need to progress within their job.
- All our staff and their families are invited to Annual Fun Days.
- Child care voucher scheme, helping parents with the cost of child care.
- Mears Advantage is a scheme open to all Mears staff allowing them to save money on everything from weekly groceries to the annual family holiday.
- Many roles offer flexible working patterns so we can appeal to a full range of people, mums going back to work, older generations and career changers.
- Mears Assist is a confidential hotline open to all employees providing support on a wide range of personal and work related issues.
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with Mears Group has rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.