Our team is growing...
As part of a strategy to achieve customer service excellence, the UK IT Service Support team at a leading Manufacturing Engineering firm in Cheltenham is seeking to hire a hands-on IT Service Support Analyst who has the exceptional customer service skills required to provide polite, friendly and efficient IT helpdesk 1st line support for UK IT users across the business.
As a member of the established IT Service Support team, your superior customer service skills and keen eye for getting to the bottom of an IT support request will see you quickly identifying the support required from your customer and either dealing with the request yourself, or recording the request for more specialist support from the appropriate member of the department.
Working closely with the team, you will take calls and emails from IT users requesting support with anything IT-related from requests for a new password or setting up a new email account for a new employee (which you would deal with yourself), to more complex technical enquiries (which you would acknowledge and raise a work schedule for). This is an entry-level role into the IT support field, so if you consider yourself to be great with customers but you also have the aptitude to deal with low-level IT enquiries and perhaps you have a genuine interest in learning to support IT users with more complex enquiries, then this may well be the job for you.
You will be responsible for (amongst other things):
- providing 1st line support for the UK IT user base and our product distribution network IT contacts;
- troubleshooting & the escalation of issues;
- project/major incident communications;
- administration of software licensing;
- supporting IT procurement (raising purchase orders, checking invoices and suchlike) and
- getting involved in other projects as they come up.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent customer service skills;
- a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, ideally 2010 or later;
- coherent use of English and the ability to communicate issues clearly;
- the ability to learn new applications;
- good interpersonal skills;
- a friendly presence and a helpful manner.
Your willingness and ability to learn will be essential as IT services and applications are continually being changed, improved and updated. It would be highly beneficial if you have had previous customer service experience and ITIL exposure in your current (or a previous) role.
Hours of work:
The IT Service Support team support the business with IT helpdesk enquiries between the hours of 07:30 and 17:15, working a 37.5 hour week from Monday to Friday. Your core shift might be 07:30-16:00, 08:00-16:30 or 08:45-17:15 but we often cover each other to make sure a full service offering is always provided to our customers, so your flexible attitude towards working hours during busy times and to cover holidays or sickness will make the difference in meeting our customers' needs every time.
Are you the customer service hero we're looking for? If so, then send in your CV along with a brief covering letter to support your application as soon as possible by clicking on the 'apply now' button to be considered.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.