We are looking for a IT Service Desk Analyst to join our IT team based in Hertfordshire
- log and resolve IT technical faults and enquiries, channelling requests for help to other relevant IT functions for resolution as required, monitoring progress and keeping customers appraised of event
- Field incoming help and service requests from end users via telephone, portal and email in a customer focussed way
- Ascertain the issue being experienced, the impact and criticality to the user.
- Record, track and document the incident life cycle; make an initial assessment agreeing next course of action with the customer keeping them informed on status and progress.
- Identify and carry out any immediate corrective action that can resolve or contain the issue directly.
- Applying diagnostic utilities, FAQ's and knowledge bases to aid in troubleshooting.
- Channel requests to the appropriate function. Co-ordinating with second and third line support groups for speedy resolution
- Monitor and escalate progress to the severity of the issue as appropriate.
- Resolve incidents, verifying the resolution and confirming with the customer.
- Refer incidents and associated tasks to other teams for action as appropriate
- Be able to offer general advice, points of contact and guidance on all available IT services.
- Work with other members of the team on a rota basis to ensure the Service Desk is continually staffed during operational hours.
You will have
- 2 years' experience in an IT service support environment essential.
- Broad technical understanding of IT systems, applications and services, ideally gained in several different roles with different employers.
- A sound knowledge of and experience with supporting PCs, Windows operating systems (Win7/Win8/Win10) and Windows-based applications, e.g. Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016
- Able to work in a fast paced environment that is intent on delivering solutions to its customers in a timely manner
- Must have an absolute commitment to service quality and customer focus
Individual Contributor - Responsible for following guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or experts. Individuals would be expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific function. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as "owner".
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.