We are looking for an experienced and professional 1st Line Support/ Helpdesk assistant to join our Cheltenham based client on a full-time and permanent basis. The successful candidate will join the IT team in supporting the current Helpdesk technician with 1st Line Support for external users and also assist with some internal IT support where necessary.
*Excellent career progression and opportunities available*
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 per annum DOE
- Act as a first point of contact for all telephone and email based user inquiries
- Investigating, analysing and resolving technical and operational questions and difficulties
- Ensuring excellent customer service and a positive image of the company are presented at all times
- Retain a comprehensive database of all internal devices and their users
- Update relevant systems using applications and software tools as advised by the IT Manager
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally with the ADSL fault process
- Record and forward incoming calls that route to overflow
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and quality management
- Basic Administration duties as requested such as photocopying, filing and data entry
- Assist in other departments and areas of the business as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the IT Manager
- Experienced in 1st Line Support or a similar role
- Strong Customer Service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently with minimum supervision
- Good administration skills
- A strong interest in IT Product knowledge or pursing a career within IT
- A responsible and professional approach to work
- Must possess excellent communication skills
If you feel as though this role could be the next step in your career then please speak to Jade on 01242 246020 or apply online with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.