Established for 35 years and synonymous with the manufacture of high quality furniture, the company has grown organically through designing and developing its own furniture, which is positioned at the mid to high end of the market. This newly created position of International Business Development Manager, will require you to develop the company's B2B export growth programme, fully utilising your experience of exporting high value British homewares and interiors products across multiple export markets. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in international markets, adapting to their different requirements and cultures, and be prepared to travel extensively as and when the role requires.
- Development of the export sales strategy in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Creation of budgets and targets for specific export markets.
- Implementation of the export sales strategy.
- Responsibility for the achievement of the export sales budgets and monitoring thereof
- Reporting of export sales KPI's to the Managing Director and board of directors.
- Implementation of marketing programme to support sales, such as showroom displays
- Negotiating sales terms and targets with customers to the agreed strategy.
- Negotiating, monitoring and maintaining distribution agreements with export markets handled through distributors.
- Ensuring sales forecasts are properly maintained and monitored.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive sales relationship with key customers across all main export markets.
- Ensuring all relevant information, such as sales reports, display data and customer information is kept up to date on the CRM system.
- Proven network of contacts and selling skills acquired in a similar position are essential to the role.
- Background in exporting quality British upholstered furniture would be an advantage.
- Experience of handling multiple routes to market, especially direct to retailer and through agents and distributors.
- Ability to think strategically and then manage the detail.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship builder.
- Ability to understand a technical product.
- Self-motivation and being motivated by results are important characteristics of the role.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A "can do" and "will do" approach is needed to fit with the culture in the organisation.
- An ability and professionalism to represent the company at all levels.
- The ability and being prepared to travel extensively is a requirement of the role.
- Entrepreneurial flair and passion for British manufacturing.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comfortable working in a non-corporate environment
- Salary and bonuses will be competitive and commensurate with experience
- Package will include an appropriate performance based reward element, which will be commission based on invoiced and paid for sales.
- Holiday Entitlement - 20 days + BH
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.