Meridian Business Support Cardiff are working in partnership with a dynamic Financial Services organisation on he outskirts of Cardiff city centre who are looking for an experienced Underwriter to join a busy Underwriting department.
You will be at ease undertaking the following:
- Underwrite new business applications within mandate levels, ensuring compliance with the lending policy, ensuring all new business opportunities are optimised through negotiation and interaction with customers.
- Carry out full risk assessments and making lending decisions in line with TCF principles, wider economic factors, lending guidelines and the company's strategies.
- Provide colleagues and customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- Make underwriting recommendations to higher mandate holders where mandate level is exceeded. Liaise and assist other team members regarding underwriting recommendations and decisions when required.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of Consumer Finance products and services proactively promoting them at all times.
- Ensure all referred proposals have relevant procedural checks as highlighted, both system and manual as necessary e.g. Credit Reference Bureau, CIFAS, employment confirmation etc are utilized ensuring that all information and documentation is accurate.
- Ensure individual productivity records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to Consumer Finance products and services (e.g. Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures, being compliant at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
- Suitable candidates will have a proven track record as an Underwriter within a busy Financial Services organisation.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.