Are you a professional and innovative Buyer with exposure to the FMCG environment looking to take the next step in your career?
Would you like to join a leading manufacturing firm based in Tewkesbury on a full - time, permanent basis?
If so our client are looking for an Indirect Buyer to support the Head of Procurement and identify sourcing opportunities in order to deliver cost reduction, whilst improving the level of quality and service provided.
- Establish strategies for indirect purchasing categories
- Assist with the introduction of best practice procurement tolls and processes.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and prepare cost reduction plans
- Identify new suppliers where required
- Negotiation of contractual terms and conditions with suppliers
- Ensuring that the operational needs of each business unit are fully understood and incorporated into the supply agreements
- Negotiation skills
- Team player who is able to communicate effectively
- Relevant purchasing experience ideally within a FMCG environment
- Experience of cost analysis and reduction
- Understanding of both commercial and legal aspects of supply contracts
- Experience of compiling and coordinating RFI/RFQ's
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Ability to travel to other sites and suppliers
If you feel that you meet the requirements for this role please apply with your CV today for immediate consideration or call Jade on 01242 246 020.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.