Are you looking for a ICT Team Leader post, working for rapidly growing dynamic company in Exeter? I am delighted to be recruiting for this first class organisation in Exeter.
The ICT Team Leader is responsible for supervising the day-to-day functions of the ICT team ensuring smooth uninterrupted access to the ICT infrastructure. Monitoring system performance, allocating team member resource (supplementing the team where necessary) to ensure availability for core applications and communications infrastructure. Maintaining service levels for our internal customers across all geographic locations in accordance with departmental KPI's. The team leader acts as an escalation point for unresolved issues and queries taking ownership and ensuring the relevant resources are available and assigned. Leading or providing assistance and expertise for key projects developing and expanding the company's ICT infrastructure. Deputising for the ICT manager where necessary.
- Supervising the ICT team providing advice and guidance when required to ensure that the Company's information systems and messaging infrastructure run smoothly and efficiently with minimal down time and optimal performance.
- Review of open helpdesk tickets to maintain agreed SLA's assigning and prioritising resource where necessary.
- Regularly reviewing deployed infrastructure forecasting and making recommendations for future expansion, renewals and replacements.
- Act as an escalation point for end user issues.
- Support, supplement and assist the first line staff in resolving user issues.
- Coaching and development of 1st line support staff to encourage greater first time issue resolution and ticket closure at first point of contact.
- Co-ordinating with and escalating issues to 3rd party suppliers for prompt resolution.
- In collaboration with the ICT Manager, plan new infrastructure, site and application roll outs agreeing the capital requirements for new projects thereafter allocate resource and supervise team members to ensure delivery within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Planning for site and systems redundancy ensuring the companies BCDR policy and recovery objectives are observed and maintained.
- Management and supervision of the Company's retail EPOS system providing a point of contact for our retail stores for systems configuration, operation advice and guidance.
- Ensure full documentation of the company's ICT infrastructure is available to include:
- Reviewing the network map of all subnets ensuring links between sites and any key devices are fully described.
- A strong commercial background with proven experience supervising a high profile, multi-discipline ICT team whilst overseeing multiple concurrent projects.
- The ability to prioritise team members and resources to achieve agreed goals and avoid creating high pressure situations. However, the ability to respond to a pressurised or time sensitive situation in a calm, controlled and objective manner is occasionally required.
- A thorough grasp of business management systems (ERP & CRM) principles and functional behaviour with proven experience supporting and managing a deployed solution.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft technology stack (client and server) together with experience of a virtualised infrastructure.
- A thorough grasp of BCDR principles and experience implementing or supporting a robust, fault tolerant and secure corporate infrastructure across a multi-site LAN/WAN topology.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential as the position involves considerable interaction with management and the user base.
- Be adaptable and flexible, championing change where it is advantageous, desirable and responsible to do so.
In addition, the following skills would prove a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Sage 1000 / Line 500 ERP and SalesLogix CRM or similar business management systems.
- Experience with the management and deployment of EPOS systems.
- A thorough understanding of SQL server, TSQL, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Understanding of development principles and languages (specifically C#, Java and ASP.Net), familiarity with the Visual Studio IDE for both BIDS and application development would be beneficial.
- Exposure to SharePoint server.
- Experience with virtualisation gained with VMWare vSphere.
- Experience with Veeam backup and replication.
- Exposure to contact centre IP telephony systems.
My client is offering a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.