Our client, a leading hygiene contractor, require a supervisor for maternity cover. Previous supervisory experience desirable, but not essential. Candidates with team leader experience are encouraged to apply.
The length of the contract is a minimum of 9 months, with a possibility of that being extended.
The working hours can vary depending on the production schedule & volume but the pattern will be 3 on, 3 off- 12 hour shifts.
The detailed job description is as follows-
Supervise service staff and charge hands
- Ensure effective communication occurs.
- Provide instruction and training to enable teams to carry out work successfully.
- Anticipate short-term issues, which may arise during team operations.
- Encourage and stimulate others to make best use of their own abilities.
Communicate on a daily basis with key contacts
- Liaise with the client to ensure satisfaction is achieved in all aspects of work carried out.
- Give feedback to client and branch contacts on plans and progress.
- Promote the exchange of ideas and information within the service teams.
Control the provision, storage and use of equipment and materials
- Ensure equipment and materials comply with company, client and industry specifications.
- Oversee the safe use and storage of correct equipment and materials.
- Make available the correct equipment and materials to enable service teams to perform their functions successfully.
Ensure the operation of work meets with all requirements of good service practice
- Accept local responsibility for the use of correct procedure in all aspects of work carried out.
- Create, prepare and make available records and results to comply with company and client audit practices.
- Show respect for best practice ideas from all sources.
Be aware of budgetary requirements
- Understand expenditure linked to the current operation.
- Work within the budgetary constraints.
- Seek to improve efficiency within the operation of the contract.
Participate in implementing change
- Be flexible and willing to participate in changes to systems and procedures.
- Offer ways to change practices and processes in the contract.
- Be confident when working on different areas or activities simultaneously.
Please apply for this position by e-mailing your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.